Superfood: Chia Seeds Chia seeds are very small seeds full of nutrition and health benefits. They don't have much flavor so they're easy to incorporate into meals and often help enhance the flavor of other foods.
12 Reasons to Love Chia Seeds:
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids -anti-inflammatory
- High in protein
- Provide energy -improve memory and mood
- High in fiber
- Keep you full longer -resulting in eating less which can lead to weight loss
- High in antioxidants
- Balance blood sugar
- High in calcium -3x more calcium than milk
- High in iron - 3x more iron than spinach
- Help rid the liver of toxins -great for detox and cleansing
- Lower cholesterol and blood pressure
- Improve skin, nail, and hair health
Only 1 teaspoon of chia seeds a day is enough to give you benefits.
When soaked in liquid for a few minutes, chia seeds form a gel. You can eat the gel or you can eat the seeds raw. Add them to yogurt, water, smoothies, salads, baked goods, or make pudding.