Figs are in season here in California! Naturally, I created a creamy and decadent chocolate smoothie with fresh figs. The great nutrition components of fresh figs:
- Fiber - supports bowel health, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, helps maintain a healthy weight
- Vitamin B6 - brain health, detoxes the liver, aids in the metabolization of carbohydrates
- Copper - builds strong bones and tissue, energy production, balances cholesterol levels,
- Potassium - helps control blood pressure
- Manganese - supports skin health, controls blood sugar, protects free-radical damage, aids in bone production
I don't have much else to say about this recipe other than encourage you to run to your farmers market to buy some fresh organic figs.
7-8 fresh figs
1 1/2 cups creamy coconut milk
1 cup water
2 heaping Tablespoons raw cacao powder
3 Tablespoon raw hemp seeds
2 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
1 teaspoon ashwagandha (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Pinch of celtic sea salt
Pinch of stevia
Splash of lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy in the sun.