This has to be the best raw dessert I've ever made. My sister has attested to it as well.
She gets spoiled by me once a year. Actually, most days, but on her birthday she gets to request any dessert she wants. This year, she left it up to me, so I let the summer flavors guide me.
Enter this insanely good Coconut-Lavender Pie with Plum Sauce.
I know you'll love this one also. Every bite is perfect.
1/4 cup raw hemp seeds
2 1/2 cups fresh medjool dates
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups fresh coconut meat or thick coconut cream (To get coconut cream, place canned coconut milk in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. Use the thick layer that separates at top.)
1 cup coconut milk
4 Tablespoons raw honey or grade B maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoons fresh lavender
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or vanilla powder)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Pinch of sea salt, to taste
2 fresh plums + a few extra to garnish
1 teaspoon raw honey
Note: I used an 11-inch springform pan. You might want to cut the recipe in half if you're using a smaller pan, or you can leave it and have thicker layers.
- Place hemp seeds in food processor and process until ground. Add remaining ingredients and process until well incorporated and mixture holds together when pressed with fingers.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom of a springform pan (I used an 11-inch size pan). You might want to line it with parchment paper so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Place in the refrigerator while you prepare filling.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if needed.
- Pour over crust and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours, until it has set completely. Store in freezer.
- Place ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. I chose to leave the skins of the plums on, but you may take them off if you don't want pieces of skin left.
- To serve, remove pie from freezer and let sit out 20-30 minutes before serving for it to thaw out and be the perfect consistency.
- Decorate with sliced plums and drizzle with plum sauce.
Enjoy and savor every bite!